The best and worst Foods
There is foods you can eat little but when you eat too much it is not good for you and your health. Here is also a list of the foods you should try to eat more of.
Food can definitely change your mood. Do you want the proof? Think of the last Bayram, the meal that left you so sleepy that you had to take a nap before hitting the road back home. Then there is that morning that everything goes wrong – you don’t have access to the internet, there are no coffee capsules left, your credit cards are maxed out and your mother has just called to say she will come and stay over for a week. You don’t reach for broccoli or salad, do you? No, you grab the chocolate bar, because that’s what makes you feel better.
Healthy foods make you happy. Think of porridge with fresh fruits or vegetable omelette that you had for breakfast. That day you worked out at the gym, didn’t you? You don’t need a PhD in biochemistry to know that food is fuel and that it affects our energy levels. But you have to be smart if you’re eating for energy.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: kale, collard greens, mustard greens, spinach, lettuce
- Non-Leafy Cruciferous Vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, cabbage
- Berries: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries
- Beans: lentils, chickpeas, kidney beans, black beans
- Plain Dairy Products: Turkish diet yoghurt, fat free curd, cottage cheese
- Grains: quinoa, oatmeal, bulgur, brown rice, buckwheat
- Seeds: flax, chia, hemp, sesame, sunflower, pumpkin
- Nuts: walnuts, cashews, almonds, pistachios, pine nuts
- Dried Fruits: natural apricots, dates, figs, goji berries
- Eggs: free range and organic
- Sweetened Dairy Products: ice-cream, pudding, flavoured yoghurt
- Trans Fat Containing Foods: fast foods, commercial baked goods, margarine sticks
- White Bakes: donuts, croissants, toast bread, bagels
- Sausages: hot dogs, salumi
- Smoked Meat: cured meats
- Fried Foods: potato chips, french fries, dumplings, spring rolls
- Highly-salted Foods: ready meals, pretzels, tortilla chips
- Sweeteners: aspartame, saccharin, sucralose
- Refined White Sugar: biscuits, cakes, cereals
- Refined White Flour: white bread, pizza, pasta